Full Festival Schedule
2017 Boston Local Food Festival Schedule Soon to Come!
A Look at Last Year’s Lineup..
11:30 AM-12:00 PM FESTIVAL KICK OFF
Welcome Address featuring:
• Laury Hammel, Executive Director, Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts
• John Lebeaux, Massachusetts Department of Agriculture Commissioner
• Tom Kelly, Ph.D., Executive Director, Sustainability Institute University of New Hampshire & Food Solutions New England
• Shannon Eldredge, Board President, Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance
• Maddie Phadke, Managing Director, Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts
LIVE MUSIC – ZONE A
11:00-12:30 PM Instant Shawarma
12:30-2:00 PM Populace
2:00-3:30 PM Coastal Flux
4:00-5:00 PM Phil Berman
NEW ENGLAND VILLAGE – ZONE A
1:00 –2:00 PM: Learn about New England Resilience & Transition’s “Omnivore’s Delight” Diet Challenge with Orion Kriegman & Amirah Mitchell.
2:30–3:30 PM: Meet the Authors of a New England Food Vision with authors Joanne Burke,University of New Hampshire Sustainability Institute & Tom Kelly, University of New Hampshire Sustainability Institute.
FAMILY FUN ZONE – ZONE B
THE FAMILY FUN ZONE IS PRESENTED BY THE TRUSTEES, KAS CONSULTING, THE BOSTON FOUNDATION & THE ROSE F KENNEDY GREENWAY
11:00 AM-2:00 PM UNI Open Air Draw Cart & Play Ice Cream Truck, Imagination Playground, Herb Sachet-Making with the Greenway
11:00 AM-3:00 PM Kite Making & Stomp Rockets with Science on the Street, presented by Cambridge Science Festival
11:00 AM-4:00 PM
• Tidepool Touch Tank with New England Aquarium
• Wildflower Planting & Pretty Produce Prints with The Trustees
• Veggie Squad with Boston Public Market & The Trustees
• Bike Blender & Veggie Tic Tac Toe with Chop Chop Kids
11:30 AM-12:00 PM “Olympic-Style” games with Reimagine Play
12:00-12:30 PM Bollywood Dance with Shikha Bajpai from Bollywood Studios
12:00 -4:00 PM Face Painting with Angela & Painting as Art & Ritual
12:30-1:00 PM “Olympic-Style” games with Reimagine Play
1:00-1:30 PM Bollywood Dance with Shikha Bajpai from Bollywood Studios
1:30-2:00 PM Milking Demonstrations with Grand Ole Goats from Chestnut Hill Farm
2:00-2:30 PM Family Yoga with Health Yoga Life & Beacon Hill Studio
2:30-3:00 PM Milking Demonstrations with Grand Ole Goats from Chestnut Hill Farm
3:00-3:30 PM Family Yoga with Health Yoga Life & Beacon Hill Studio
NORTHWEST ATLANTIC MARINE ALLIANCE’S SEAFOOD THROWDOWN – ZONE C
Fish Stock is presented in partnership with the Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance (NAMA) and highlights cooking with local day-boat seafood.
12:30-2:30 PM Chatham-based fisherman Doug Feeney will present the locally abundant ‘mystery fish’ that will be unveiled at the beginning of the Throwdown and with ingredients purchased at the Festival, the teams will compete to create the most delicious dish!
CHEF DEMOS – ZONE D
11:00 -11:30 AM Nathan Gould, Fresh Local Sea Bream with Bold Vietnamese Flavors
12:00-1:00 PM Pankaj Pradhan, Red Lentil, Full-Flavored Vegan Cooking
1:30-2:30 PM PK Newby, Live your Healthiest Life, Deliciously
3:00-3:45 PM Peter Ungar, Tasting Counter, New American Soured Cream Dumplings
4:00-4:45 PM Richard Shih, Our Cook Quest, Versatility of Vinegar