The Boston Local Food Festival will be held on The Rose Kennedy Greenway this year and it is scheduled to be bigger and better than ever. The Rose Kennedy Greenway offers a great location for this year’s festivities as it is just a short walk from downtown Boston, and is conveniently located near South Station, Faneuil Hall, and The Aquarium. The festival will take place in the Wharf District and American Heritage parks. Instead of driving, we strongly encourage festival-goers to use alternative transportation, such as public transportation, walking, biking, or by taking a water taxi, to attend the event. For mapping purposes, visit The Greenway website here or see the map below.
The festival is accessible by the MBTA on the Blue Line (Aquarium Station), Green and Orange Lines (Haymarket or North Station), and the Red Line (South Station).
Biking to the Festival
With bike lanes’ running right along the Greenway riding your bike is an easy, fun way to get to this year’s festival. Ride your bike to the festival and enjoy FREE valet bike parking provided by MassBike and Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness. Bike Parking will be located at the southern edge of the festival on the Greenway right next to the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Other ways of getting there…
Other options include City Water Taxi, or a stop off of area tour shuttles at the corner of Northern Avenue and Sleeper Street. The Boston Harbor Tours and the Rose Kennedy Greenway also offers nearby walks.
For those who need to drive in there are affordable paid parking lots available in close proximity to the festival available at…
- 30 Rowes Wharf, Laz Parking Garage- Located at the Boston Harbor Hotel on Atlantic Avenue. $10 full day parking available for festival goers with $10 parking voucher available at the Information Booth right across the street from the garage next to the main festival stage. For a map and additional lot information see: http://boston.lazparking.
- Farnsworth Street Garage, Boston Wharf Company – 30 Farnsworth Street, Boston. Weekends are $10, when you get your parking stub validated at Boston Children’s Museum Information Desk. Weekends: 9AM-6PM
- Stillings Street Garage – Between Congress St. and Seaport Blvd. Weekends are $10 when you get your parking stub validated at Boston Children’s Museum Information Desk.
- Moakley Courthouse Parking Lot – Adjacent to the Courthouse at 1 Courthouse Way off Northern Avenue
- Fan Pier – 28 Northern Avenue, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Daily rate: $9
- 390 Congress Street Garage – Located at the intersection of Congress Street and West Service Road. Weekends: 6AM-10PM