Family Fun Zone
Numerous local organizations and non-profits, will be educating and inspiring people about the many advantages of local food and a maintaining healthy and fit lifestyle. Food is central to daily life and family culture, and a means for empowerment, community connection and cultural celebration. With goals to reduce waste at the Festival, we are encouraging non-profits to have engaging exhibits that minimize paper handouts.
The Family Fun Zone is filled with exciting interactive games and activities for the whole family! From getting physical to being in touch with our animals of the land and sea, there is something for everyone!Â Family Fun Zone is presented by: The Trustees and KAS Consulting.
- New England Aquarium will have its Tidepool Open House on site with a variety of water animals to touch and learn exciting facts about each one! Have fun getting active with ‘sustainable seafood’ and ‘dreaming a city’ with Lego bricks
- Studio Bollywood with Shikha will dance and workout the Bollywood way
- The Trustees will bring you a little taste of the farm
- Pretty Produce Prints with composting lessons
- Grande Ole Goats
- Wild flower planting for natural blooming color
- Bean Bag Toss
- Veggie Squad will be roaming the Zone with photo ops, courtesy of Boston Public Market
- The Greenway’s GreenPlay will tap into your creative spirit and imagination
- Imagination Playground of foam blocks to build a truck, a tractor or whatever you imagine
- UNI Draw Cart with books and supplies for reading, drawing, solving and exploring. Spend time with Greenway Art Ambassadors
- Project Bread-Walk for Hunger will quiz you with fun trivia facts on healthy eating and active living and more
- Seeding the Future: Next Generation Learning will show you how to make an automated greenhouse and your own hydroponics system powered by solar panels
- Afrobeat Fit will have you moving to the music of jazz, soul and funk from the different countries of West Africa
- Painting as Art & Ritual will add a bit of magic to your face, making it a living canvas of personalized art
- ChopChop Kids Magazines and sign up your child for ChopChop Kids’ exciting and educational hands-on fall cooking classes!
- AND MORE!
FAMILY FUN ZONE (Rings Fountain and on lawn on Zone B)
Visit the Family Fun Zone for Goats, Pretty Prints, the New England Aquarium Tidalpool Touch Tank, Bean Bag Toss & More!
- 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Tidepool Touch Tank, Sustainable Seafood and Dream a City with New England Aquarium
- Grande Ole Goats with The Trustees
- Wildflower Planting and Pretty Produce Prints with The Trustees
- Pretty Produce Prints with composting lessons with Trustees
- Bean Bag Toss with The Trustees (Lawn)
- Veggie Squad with The Trustees courtesy Boston Public Market
- 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
- 12:00 PM -12:30 PM
- Bollywood dance and workout with Shikha Bajpai from Bollywood Studios (Lawn)
- 12:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Face Painting with Angela and Painting as Art & Ritual (Lawn)
- 2:00 PM -2:30 PM
- Move to the music of jazz, soul and funk with Afrobeat Fit (Lawn)