Family Fun Zone
Local organizations and non-profits will be educating and inspiring us about the many advantages of local food and maintaining a and fit lifestyle. Food is central to daily life and family culture, and is a source of empowerment, community connection and cultural celebration. With goals to reduce waste at the Festival, our non-profit partners will have engaging exhibits that minimize paper handouts and impacts on our environment.
The Family Fun Zone is filled with exciting interactive games and activities for the whole family! From getting physical to being in touch with growing and farming, there is something for everyone! Family Fun Zone is presented by: The Trustees and KAS Consulting.
The Trustees will once again bring the experience of the farm to us on The Greenway! And, for the whimsical in you, Painting as Art & Ritual will transform your face into a piece of art and fancy! Angela will make magic again with her brush bringing to your face anything from butterflies and flowers to your favorite super heroes or action figure!
Photo Credit: KAS Consulting
- The Trustees will bring you a little taste of the farm
- Pretty Produce Prints with composting lessons
- Wildflower planting for natural blooming color
- Bean Bag Toss
- The Greenway’s GreenPlay will tap into your creative spirit and imagination
- Imagination Playground of foam blocks to build a truck, a tractor or whatever you imagine
- Boston Food Forest Coalition will have you learning about how plants live, grow and strive in “neighborhoods” just like we do, And, make sunflower seed balls to take with and grow in your own space!
- Painting as Art & Ritual will add a bit of magic to your face, making it a living canvas of personalized art
- MFA Artful Adventures will bring the art experience to the Greenway
- The New England Dairy Council will stump you with its dairy trivia and leave you with
dairy “tattoo” to remind you to drink milk!
- ChopChop Kids Magazines, cool cooking fun activities for all
- Boston Book Festival, One City One Story selection for 2019 is Ciera Burch’s “Yvonne.”
- New England Aquarium, learn about exhibits and how they are protecting the blue planet
- AND MORE!
FAMILY FUN ZONE (Rings Fountain and on lawn on Zone B)
Family Fun Zone is presented by: The Trustees and KAS Consulting.
Visit the Family Fun Zone for Pretty Prints, Face Painting, Bean Bag Toss & More!
- 11:00 AM-4:00 PM
- 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
- 12:00 PM-3:00 PM
- MFA Artful Adventures: painting burlap bags with the Museum of Fine Arts
- 12:00 PM-4:00 PM
- Face Painting with Angela and Painting as Art & Ritual (Lawn)
Join in the Fun and Learn about Happenings at The New England Aquarium, Boston Book Festival and get a copy of the latest ChopChop Magazine, while they last!